If you have been searching for pain relief or alternatives to other medical issues, you might have encountered the CBD oil products that are flooding the healthcare market. Cannabidiol, known as CBD, is a chemical compound found in the marijuana or cannabis plant. It is a popular remedy used for common ailments including pain relief.
CBD Capsules vs Oil
With the explosion of CBD products on the market, it may be difficult to choose the best CBD product for your needs. What form should you take? How much should you take? What are the key differences between the cbd pills or oil?
There are many online resources for CBD oil that outline the differences between the two products. The three main considerations are taste, convenience, and absorption.
Oil seems to be the most popular way to take CBD. It does have a very distinctive taste. One might find the flavor bold and earthy. Some people have complained of nausea after ingesting CBD oil. The recommendations from CBD oil manufacturers are to place drops or the spray beneath your tongue. You should hold the oil there for 90 seconds before swallowing.
Alternatives to ingesting the oil include mixing the oil into food. This may not be as effective as taking orally, as it is more efficient to absorb the CBD into the bloodstream from beneath the tongue.
Are Pills or Capsules Better for the Body?
When comparing CBD oil and capsules, the main difference is the time it takes to achieve the desired effects.
Capsules work along with your digestive system. It usually takes between 45 and 90 minutes to feel the effects. The oil held under the tongue can take effect in 30 to 90 minutes as it absorbed directly into the bloodstream.
A third option is to vape CBD. This method works almost instantly and can take effect in one or two minutes.
Of the three methods, pills and edibles are most likely the best for long term dosage. The CBD will remain in your system for a longer period of time.
Cost and Quality of CBD
The tricky part about choosing CBD oil or capsules is that first, there are so many products available. They can range in price from over $100 a bottle to $18 a bottle. In addition, everyone has a different response to the products so you may need to try several products before you find the one that works the best for you.
The most important tip for choosing a CBD product is finding a brand you can trust that sells a quality product. Check out the company’s transparency and reviews. Make sure they provide easy access for answering your questions. Do your research and check out online resources that check quality and price.
About CBD Capsules
Taking cbd caps is quick and flavorless, they are taken the same way as other pills. The CBD itself is suspended in a gel capsule. Simply take them with a glass of water. Some find this easier than holding the oil under the tongue for 90 seconds.
Capsules are also more convenient when traveling. You can take them anywhere you go. The oil in the bottles can be slightly messy. Oil in bottles comes with a dropper or spray in order to calculate the proper dosage. CBD capsules come premeasured so there is no guessing about the proper dosage.
What is CBD Oil?
According to CBD researchers, CBD oil does not contain the psychoactive component found in marijuana. It provides relief from pain as well as other ailments with the mind-altering effects.
CBD oil is produced by extracting CBD from the marijuana plant. It is then diluted with an oil such as hemp seed or coconut. Studies are continuing to confirm that this oil may ease chronic pain and reduce the symptoms of other ailments.
Benefits of CBD Oil
Health experts agree on the main benefits of CBD oil which are backed by scientific evidence.
1. CBD is the component that is attributed to pain relief. How does this work? Studies have revealed that CBD reduces pain through endocannabinoid receptor activity. It reduces inflammation in the body and interacts with the neurotransmitters.
2. In addition to pain relief, CBD oil has been known to help with anxiety and depressions. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, CBD does not promote negative side effects and is not addictive. It has even been used to treat insomnia and anxiety in children.
3. Cancer patients have been prescribed CBD oil to reduce side effects related to cancer treatment such as pain, nausea, and vomiting. Studies are now being conducted with CBD as an inhibitor of breast cancer cells.
4. Acne is a common skin condition. Recent studies suggest that CBD oil may have anti-inflammatory properties and have been shown to reduce sebum production in the sebaceous glands, which aids in the relief of acne.
5. Scientific researchers believe that CBD oil can help with neurological disorders. CBD works with the endocannabinoid system and certain brain signals and can provides benefits. Some of the disorders believed to have shown improvement using CBD oil are multiple sclerosis, epilepsy, and seizure activity.
6. CBD oil has been linked to possible benefits to the heart and circulatory system, including the lowering of blood pressure. CBD may be able to help with high blood pressure. The antioxidant, as well as stress-reducing properties, may be beneficial to those with heart disease.
The bottom line between the CBD oil or capsule debate all depends on your desires and needs. If you feel taste and convenience are ideal, you should consider taking the pills. If you are looking for potency and faster absorption, you may want to go with the oil.
Finding the right product for you may take some research. If you don’t see the desired results in 5 to 7 days, you may need to ask questions and up your dosage. Most importantly, research the quality of your product. Not all CBD products are processed the same way. Look for 3rd lab testing and make sure there are no fillers that may water down the product.
CBD oil is mostly well tolerated and deemed safe to use. There are very few side effects and include fatigue or digestive issue. You may want to talk to your doctor if you are on prescription medications, especially those that don’t interact with grapefruit.
Researchers have not conclusively documented all the risks and benefits of CBD. You may want to use a journal to track your results. Results may vary but there have been many positive results for the use of both CBD oils and capsules. Chose your product carefully and find what works best for your pain relief or other health issues.